Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Chills, Thrills, and bone crunching Spills. Five bucks is a fair price for a seat cuz you only need the EDGE!
As I sit here waiting to hear from my friend as to whether or not I get to leave the house, I figured I would continue my Blogging Efforts.
The First issue I have is: Who the Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo is Justin Bieber? I mean seriously? I start seeing His name on the Internets not that long ago, mostly in negative connotations and the other day I see an entire Bieber toyline. I know like Jay and Silent Bob, that I may not have my finger on the pulse of pop culture, but apparently I totally missed the boat on this one. I am glad Britta found my utter lack of knowledge funny, when I questioned her about the smiling twink on the toy boxes.
Second Issue: Ooops! The big Inflatable Garbage bag collapsed. Sorry to all those fine folks in Motor City Kitty Land, who now are forced to watch the Queens play the G-Men.
Now back to our regular scheduled anthology that is :
Foodie's Favorite Movie Characters
Recap:
26. Inigo Montoya - Princess Bride (Britta, I still need to Borrow you this movie)
25. Princess Leia - Star Wars Trilogy
24. Batman- Batman Franchise (would be higher except for the two lame movies made in his name)
23. Wolverine- X-men Franchise
22. Luke Skywalker - Star Wars Trilogy
21. Mathilda- The Professional
20. Tony Stark/ Iron Man - (Sorry Jackson he may be the awesomest, but he only cracked my top twenty.)
19.Malcom Reynolds - Serenity (Check out the television series Firefly and this movie)
18.Peter Venkman- Ghostbusters
17. Patrick Bateman - American Psycho
16. Aragorn - Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
15. Forrest Gump- "Owww! Something Bit me!"
Portrayed by Tom Hanks
Movie: Forrest Gump
Yep, despite the fact that I find the movie heavy handed and a bit silly, the character of Forrest remains a standout performance by arguably one of the greatest actors of all time Tom Hanks. The genius of Hank's Oscar-winning performance was to show that Gump was more than an idiot, and was instead blessed with a heart so big it made up for deficiencies in other areas.
Best moment: Gump and Bubba meeting Lt. Dan for the first time.
14. Yoda- "Judge me by my Size do you? And well you should not for the Force is my ally."
Portrayed by Frank Oz
Movie: Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.
The quizzical, quirky speech patterns of Yoda is one of the most easily identifiable cultural memes. It is a stroke of genius to introduce the Jedi master, a two-foot high alien with what appears to be mild dementia, well before revealing his identity. He quickly goes from being cute, to an integral part of the story.
Though most may not know it, if you have ever seen Sesame Street or The Muppet Show, you have seen other magical work by Frank Oz.
Best Moment: Either lifting the Ship out of the swamp or the moment when he revels himself to Luke and Yoda seems to grow in Stature.
13. Ferris Bueller- "If you're not over here in fifteen minutes, you can find a new best friend."
Portrayed by Matthew Broderick.
Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Probably the least angry voice of teen rebellion you will ever come across, Ferris has no great obstacles in life (he's from a wealthy family, and his biggest gripe is that he was given a birthday computer instead of a car), but his quest is universal - to have a good time, and to do it now while he's young. Broderick's challenge is to keep what could be a malcontent brat likeable, and he achieves this in spades.
Best Moment: Chi- Town Parade.
12. Jason Bourne -"I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?"
Portrayed By Matt Damon
Movie: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum
Bourne, the amnesiac assassin, made being a spy cool again, combining seriously impressive ass-kicking with a compelling quest for redemption and knowledge. Plus He makes Bond look like a serious chadbag, which is why they tried to reboot the 007 franchise.
Best Moment: There are a lot of frenetic fight or harrowing chase scenes, but my fav is the chase scene in Ultimatum when Bourne drops 4 minions without missing a beat.
11. Roy Batty- "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain. Time... to die."
Portrayed by Rutger Hauer
Movie: Blade Runner
You might be scratching your head, but trust me this character and the movie will get you questioning what it means to be human. In some ways, Nexus generation replicant Roy Batty, one of the most advanced "machines" ever built, is very lucky - he manages to quite literally meet his maker, and question the issue of his mortality. Sadly he's also been used as a slave and soldier. Despite being advanced in almost every other capacity, he has only the collected wisdom of his four years of "life" but he seems to understand humanity better than those who are actually human.. Roy finds peace, and his final scenes in Blade Runner are among the best sci-fi you'll see.
Best Moment: Rescuing Deckard, the man (?) assigned to "retire" him.
No comments:
Post a Comment